Share | 

What kind of learner are you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Clan Admin

Runescape Name : fAIL gRAMMAR

PostSubject: What kind of learner are you?   Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:18 am

I'm going to take this approach from a teaching point of view, as I use these three types of learning in my classroom every day. But firstly lets start with a definition of "Learning".

1. What is Learning?

Learning is acquiring new or modifying existing knowledge, behaviors, skills, values, or preferences and may involve synthesizing different types of information. (Source: Wikipedia.org - Learning)

In the case of The Great Orb Project, it is the skills, knowledge and information you obtain by playing the game and acquiring the "jargon" that comes with it.

2. What are the types of Learning?

a) Visual Learning - Looking
Visual learning is a teaching and learning style in which ideas, concepts, data and other information are associated with images and techniques (i.e Observation).

With Learning how to GOP this way, this means you prefer learning by watching others play, watching where they place themselves, how long they hold an orb for or where they put an orb so it can be easily scored by themself or their co-ord partner.

(Source: Wikipedia.org - Visual Learning)

b) Auditory Learning - Listening
Auditory learning is a learning style in which a person learns through listening. An auditory learner depends on hearing and speaking as a main way of learning. Auditory learners must be able to hear what is being said in order to understand and may have difficulty with instructions that are written. They also use their listening and repeating skills to sort through the information that is sent to them.

With Learning how to GOP this way, this means you prefer learning by listening to instructions or directives given by your instructor.

(Source: Wikipedia.org - Auditory Learning)

c) Kinaesthetic Learning - Doing
Kinaesthetic learning is a learning style in which learning takes place by the student actually carrying out a physical activity, rather than listening to a lecture or merely watching a demonstration. It is also referred to as tactile learning. People with a kinesthetic learning style are also commonly known as do-ers.

With Learning how to GOP this way, this means you prefer actually playing the game in any way to learn the angles, co-ording spots etc etc.

(Source: Wikipedia.org - Kinesthetic Learning)

Of course, these three learning types are interlinked with each other as you can be 2/3 learner types or all 3 at once. Just remember that the main way to gain the knowledge, skills and concepts is through "Rote Learning" or learning by repetition aka "practise, practise, practise".

I hope that this has given you a sense of what type of person you are when it comes to learning how to play GOP.

Thank you for reading,

fAIL gRAMMAR.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of learner are you?   Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:52 am

Awesome post, Fail. =o That never occurred to me, but makes perfect sense. X]

Thank you, and thumbsed up. ;)

Back to top Go down
Bigchampion1
Clan Advisor

Runescape Name : Endeavour

PostSubject: Re: What kind of learner are you?   Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:57 am

In real life, I'm MOST DEFINITELY and auditory learner. In GOP it's all 3.

Never thought this would matter for anyone because I'm all 3 for GOP, but I can see how it would matter for others.

Back to top Go down
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/
Bambi

Runescape Name : Uplifting

PostSubject: Re: What kind of learner are you?   Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:05 am

sxc guide yo.
In gop am all 3.
irl i'm number 3.

Back to top Go down
Vegancookies
Clan Advisor

Runescape Name : vegancookies

PostSubject: Re: What kind of learner are you?   Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:32 am

Yeah, I forgot about this. I learnt it the hard way in university. When you're doing philosophy (or any abstract degree) but you learn by doing (yeah, I'm a tactile learner for the most part ;) ) it's interesting. You start aiming to apply theories to real life to understand them, when theories are made, your view of the world can become crraZy!

I'll give you an example, trying to see this comment as somehow new or interesting (not word for word quote):
"Two identical material things will be made of the same compounds and structure, but will be made of different matter".

Might I add to such a philosophical theory; yes, sheet in the woods does in part come from bears.

Back to top Go down
Antier
Forum Admin

Runescape Name : Antier, Scorer

PostSubject: Re: What kind of learner are you?   Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:36 am

Locked pending request for re-posting by the Main Admin account.

Back to top Go down
Esnt

Runescape Name : Esnt

PostSubject: Re: What kind of learner are you?   Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:48 pm

I would assume they work interchangeably for some, depending on whichever array of topics presents themselves in a certain manner. Overall I would say I am auditory.

Back to top Go down
Xbattymanx
Ex-Rank

Runescape Name : Xbattymanx | Hi Ppl19

PostSubject: Re: What kind of learner are you?   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:23 pm

I know that I'm a visual learner in all aspects, the only way that I remember things is if I've seen them before, angles, maths formulas, Cities and their locations. Whereas for kinetic and audio learning, the information escapes me after a period of a week or so.

Bat.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of learner are you?   

Back to top Go down

What kind of learner are you?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top